Terms & Conditions
Terms of Business Key to our meanings
1. A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by 2J Design Ltd for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
2. A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by 2J Design Ltd.
3. ‘Live’ means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
4. ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
5. Client Account - The account name held with 2J Design Ltd linked to all services under the account.
6. Account Hold means the clients account been put on hold relating to all services and products under the account name.
6. ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
7. ‘Hosting’ is a yearly or monthly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
8. ‘Content’ is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
9. ‘mb’ stands for megabytes and is a measure of storage space.
2J Design Ltd Terms & Conditions
1. The relationship between 2J Design Ltd and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
2. The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the 2J Design Ltd confirmation order email.
3. Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although 2J Design Ltd can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. 2J Design Ltd can not be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. 2J Design Ltd will acknowledge all emails within 3 working days.
4. 2J Design Ltd will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit of the quoted project fee from the Client. 2J Design Ltd will also require 25% payment upon overall approval of the design. The final 25% payment is to be made on completion of the work. The website will be switched to Live Mode once the Clients remaining balance is paid in full.
5. The deposit paid to 2J Design Ltd covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with 2J Design Ltd. The deposit is non refundable.
6. All accounts are subject to payment terms and conditions failure to make payments by the payment deadline dates result in account hold, this means all services linked to your account will be put on hold until payment has been made.
7. 2J Design Ltd shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
8. It is important for the Client to keep in contact with 2J Design Ltd throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 1 week we will make up to 5 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
9. Where images used on the website have been purchased by 2J Design Ltd on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. 2J Design Ltd are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
10. 2J Design Ltd will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, 2J Design Ltd will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
11. All hosting offered by 2J Design Ltd is limited to 150mb of website space unless otherwise stated in a seperate contract. If your site requires more than 150mb of space we will advise of other hosting solutions and then cease hosting the site.
12. 2J Design Ltd cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by 2J Design Ltd.
13. Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, 2J Design Ltd do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
14. 2J Design Ltd will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. 2J Design Ltd will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of 2J Design Ltd is purely an estimate.
15. It is the Client’s responsibility to check with 2J Design Ltd whether Open Source Software is being used or not.
16. The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for the installation time. Open Source Software is not owned by 2J Design Ltd or the Client.
17. 2J Design Ltd own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images will have been purchased by 2J Design Ltd for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by 2J Design Ltd are licensed only for use on the client website and are limited to no more than 20 images dependent on the size of the project. Item 17 is subject to item 16.
18. 2J Design Ltd trust when final balance payment is made the Client is 100% happy with the product and that all checks have been made, updates and alterations will be honored to any further errors found if we are informed by email in which a update will be sent.
19. All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or 2J Design Ltd, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
20. Domain names will be registered by 2J Design Ltd and also registered to the 2J Design Ltd current address. Although the domain names are registered to 2J Design Ltd , the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, 2J Design Ltd will do this within a reasonable timeframe.
21. A domain name will be registered by 2J Design Ltd on behalf of the client once we have received the 25% deposit, 25% design payment, 50% final payment and a completed creative brief.
22. It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, 2J Design Ltd can not be held liable for this. However, 2J Design Ltd will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
23. When a Client renews Hosting with 2J Design Ltd , this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and 2J Design Ltd can not be held liable for this.
24. Renewal of Hosting is due either on a yearly or monthly basis depending on the agreement. The date of renewal will be monthly or yearly from the date the website was put Live. The Hosting will not be renewed if 2J Design Ltd cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for 2J Design Ltd to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item 22, none payment of hosting will result in account suspension for a period of 30 days, after this the account will be terminated and a £50 reactivation charge would apply and any payments past due.
25. The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. 2J Design Ltd reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge or where the clients account has passed any payment due dates, this includes all payments related to your account. There will be an admin fee set by 2J Design Ltd for reactivating the website/Hosting after termination.
26. If the Client does not use 2J Design Ltd Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
27. Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from 2J Design Ltd or transfer a Domain name away from 2J Design Ltd, a £50 admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
28. 2J Design Ltd has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s web sites constitute 2J Design Ltd endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. 2J Design Ltd has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. 2J Design Ltd provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
29. 2J Design will try where possible to make websites compatible with all browsers, we support Internet explorer from version 7.0 upwards, compatibility with earlier IE browsers should be requested in the website brief supplied by the client and a quote will be provided for the additional compatibly setup.
30. 2J Design Ltd are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
31. If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than 2J Design Ltd, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. 2J Design Ltd will not renew the Domain name when Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than 2J Design Ltd.
32. 2J Design Ltd will not charge a fee on any payments received using a credit or debit card. Payments can also be made by BACS / Cheque into our account.
33. Hosting cancellations require 30 days notice, any hosting cancelled is subject to 1 months fee if cancelled during a month that has not yet been paid for.
34. 2J Design Ltd makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.