TAG | Web Design Tips and Tricks
Another new launch sees Modest Management in the spotlight!
Modest Artists have sold collectively over 35 million Albums worldwide!
Won 5 Brit awards and received 5 Grammy Nominations.
Modest Management have some of the top name clients in today’s music industry including Olly Murs, Leona Lewis, Paul Potts, Alexandra Burke & JLS pls many more.
Take a look at our Facebook page
Well welcome to 2012, to say the year started with a bang would be a slight understatement!
So with the ever increasing work load comes changes and more staff, next week we will be welcoming a new member to the sales and customer care department, the new recruit ‘Nicola’ comes with plenty of experience in customer care, sales and organisation and will take control of the day to day project and client care ensuring deadlines are on target and the guys in the office know who needs to be contacted when.
After monitoring our traffic and gathering feedback on our website its come to the time to freshen up, we will be launching 2 new websites to start with, a new fresher look for the 2jdesign.co.uk website and the new creative design site, we don’t have a launch date on these yet as we want to take the time and ensure they are 100% right and everyone is happy but certainly keep checking back here in the blog.
Seems this is becoming a popular area due to our many great rankings achieved for clients and our own website, we love SEO seeing a clients website increasing in orders and making good profit is what really makes us tick, yes we love designing the website and seeing a live version but what really makes us smile is when that website becomes a profit making business tool, and we can do this with the power of SEO.
We are now training new staff members in this area to improve the general reporting and research within 2J Design, ensuring we are always upto date with the latest Google algorithms and ensuring all our techniques follow a white hat approach of natural link building.
This is another new area we are launching, Ebay is a very fast place to market, you can quickly gain sales from Ebay, we are now offering fully professionally designed Ebay stores, as with any new service we launch we don’t publish it until we have a portfolio to show, so at the moment we are offering discounted Ebay store design and implementation, call us on 0114 321 8635 for more information on this service and offers.
Magento training section
This will be a new section to our blog, we will be posting how to blogs on the most common questions we get with screen shots, this will help all our Magento clients with managing products, coupons newsletters as well as posting tips and FAQ’s, this will be populated over a space of time as and when we get more common questions, rather that just passing the information onto one client we will publish this so everyone can find this, we hope to eventually get enough information to answer almost every common question Magento related.
Keep checking back for latest updates
In one of the earlier blogs, we had given the don’ts – the pitfalls to be avoided by a successful web designer. In this blog, we suggest the do’s – the imperatives to be followed for successful web designing. Adhering to the following tips can ensure a good web page design:
- Text: Background and text should not mix with each other – there should be a distinctive shade difference between the two; at the same time, care should be taken that the two shades do no clash with each other. Similarly, the size of the text should be conducive to comfortable reading. There should be a logical flow in the narratives.
- Navigation: Navigation buttons and bars should be easy to comprehend. Use consistent navigation symbols throughout the website.
- Links: The colors given to the links should match up with the page colors. Links should be underlined or otherwise differentiated (underlining is the best and most common method) to get instant attention of the surfer.
- Graphics: Buttons used in website should not be too big. All the graphics should have an alt label. There should be a matching text link for every graphic link. Use browser-safe colors for graphics and backgrounds.
- Tables: Table borders should be always turned on. This makes it easier to read and comprehend.
An out-standing web designer is one who understands that all the elements in a web page should be readable and make sense. He makes appropriate use of web elements such as text, background, links, graphics, etc., in order to impart a smooth and pleasing look to the website and improve the ease of usage. Some of the pitfalls which a successful web designer needs to watch out for and avoid in various ingredients of a web page are:
- Backgrounds: Inappropriate color combinations make the text difficult to read. Hectic and distracting backgrounds put off visitors and lead to loss of potential sales.
- Text: Text size that is too small to read is a sign of bad design. Too large text and the designer may end up taking too much space on the web page, giving an impression of cramming. Text crowding, text widening and excessive use of capital, block or italic letters are other aspects which should be avoided.
- Links: Links to useless or out-dated pages give an impression of carelessness or incompetence on the part of the designer. Similarly, links that are not properly marked can defeat their purpose, since the visitor may not be able to identify and, thereby, access them.
- Graphics: Use of large graphic files should be avoided, since they take a long time to load. Thumbnail images should be just that – they should not be as big as the full-sized images. As far as possible, label all pictures presented on the web page.
For more on Web Design contact www.2jdesign.co.uk
Magento developers can use the Magento Open Source Ecommerce platform to build customized Ecommerce sites adhering to specific requirements of varied categories of clients. The platform allows developers to tweak the code to suit their client’s specifications. This is possible because it is an open source code, which is accessible and allows the necessary alterations and modifications required for customizing solutions.
The standard version of Magento offers customer-order management, automated invoicing, stock management, statistics and reporting, integration with Google analytics, Google sitemaps and an extension library stacked with add-ons. The Magento Community has numerous developers and programmers who can help identify and reporting bugs and who share their experience and advice with each other. This helps in resolving issues that arise during coding and also keeps the software current and error-free.
Magento is built on a powerful PHP platform and Zend framework. These features, coupled with timely elimination of bugs and resolution of issues, makes Magento the platform of choice for development of Ecommerce websites.
For all Web Design and Magento enquires visit www.2jdesign.co.uk
IMPORTANCE OF ECOMMERCE WEB DESIGN
Effective Ecommerce web design plays a major role in the success of businesses. In fact, it is the raison d etre for web-based businesses. An appealing Ecommerce web design helps attract and retain more customers to your site. Hence, choosing the appropriate Ecommerce web design services is essential to overall business health. While there are numerous companies offering Ecommerce web design services, given the importance of good design in creating an overall impact on prospective business partners, it is essential to cross-check their prior work experience and portfolio before finalizing them.
A good Ecommerce web design ensures recall value for the website and the resultant word-of-mouth publicity and site referrals can enhance business prospects. This free-of-cost publicity complements the search engine optimization and other features for which you pay the designer. In the absence of a physical showroom/outlet, the website becomes the only interface between the business and the potential customer. The look and feel of the website is the only experience you can offer to the customer.
COMMON GUIDELINES FOR ECOMMERCE WEB DESIGN
The primary purpose of Ecommerce web design is creating websites to promote online purchases. People would visit, stay and transact on a website only if they find the particular Ecommerce Web Design attractive and reliable. To impress visitors, the Ecommerce Web Design should be easy to use and comprehensive enough to address their queries. Some of the guidelines to be followed for effective E-Commerce web design are given below:
- The Ecommerce Web Design should ensure a great online shopping experience for users.
- Every product/service should be accompanied with a brief description and key information. If possible, a link can be given for users who require more detailed information.
- Navigation through the pages of the website should be convenient.
- Give users sufficient reasons for preferring to trust you and buy online from your website.
With our ever expanding client portfolio and daily requests for quotations the workload continues to rise, so we continue to hire.
Our latest addition to the 2J Design team is ‘Rachel Pagowski’
Rachel will take on a number of small roles within 2J Design and help to strengthen the team and organise us all abit better.
So what will Rachel undertake?
• All invoicing and administration on clients accounts.
• Managing hosting accounts.
• General administration of the office and assisting the design team with typing and organisation.
• plus general client relations from quote to after sales.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve our Web Design and Graphic Design services, and develop more time efficient ways of working to maximize the time within the office, we are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated talented team and look forward to continued growth in 2012.
FACTORS TO BE KEPT IN MIND DURING WEB DESIGN
Web design involves the overall layout of the website, which not only lists the products and services on offer, but also impacts the impression of the company on any prospective business partner. Hence, the following factors need to be kept in mind which designing an effective website:
- Websites are not meant merely for broadcast of information – they also promote online commerce.
- The web design should be such that it is able to express the message that the company wishes to deliver to its visitors – be they casual surfers or potential customers or investors.
- Web design should be tailored to suit specific business requirements.
- A classy and professional look and feel to the website is always helpful in attracting customers.
- The design of a website should be in accordance with the type of business being promoted through the site.
An effective Ecommerce web design should ensure reliability in order to build a long-lasting and trustworthy relationship with clients. Reliability involves accuracy and currency of the data and information provided, as well as security of transaction and check-out procedures. Some of the pointers to improve the reliability of any Ecommerce web design are:
• Provide references or links to allow visitors to confirm the accuracy of the information on the site.
• List the physical address of the office to reassure visitors about the legitimacy of the organization.
• Highlight testimonials from reputed clients/customers.
• Display contact information noticeably to make it easy for visitors to contact. If possible, contact details should be placed visibly on every page of the website.
• Make the site easy to use for visitors, without cluttering it with too much unwanted information. An overload of information and data usually puts people off and might make them suspicious.
• Update the site content periodically to reflect any changes in the products/services provided.