Other Portfolio creation options for Website Design companies
Apart from having an online portfolio, a Website Design company can also use some other portfolio options to illustrate the kind of work done by them and their range of projects to prospective clients. Two such options are discussed below.
PDF portfolios: One of the options is to create the portfolio as a PDF file and e-mail it to prospects. Acrobat can create multi-page PDFs from layouts created in a graphics software program such as InDesign or Photoshop. It can be used to create a brochure that showcases your work with project descriptions.
- They can be easily e-mailed.
- Avoids browser and web issues by allowing control over layout.
- PDF provides quite a few templates of its own to facilitate creation of the portfolio.
- It depends on the client whether (s)he wants to download and save the file containing the portfolio.
- It’s not that much useful to show your web design projects.
Printed portfolios: A printed portfolio is a printed booklet or brochure in physical form, containing examples of work carried out by you.
- It is good for showing off print design.
- It can be used in meetings for presenting your work without a computer.
- It is a physical record of your work, which can then be left with the client. This helps her/him to refer at their leisure and convenience.
- It has to be physically delivered by mail or by hand.
- It is the most expensive, involving costs of design, printing and paper.
- It is inflexible, in that once it is created, it cannot be modified. Even additions can be carried out only if a suitable provision is made before-hand.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.