Online Portfolios for Website Design companies
As mentioned in one of our earlier blogs, a portfolio of major completed/in-process works is an essential supplement for any company offering website design services. A glance through the company’s portfolio helps the client determine the kind and quality of services offered by the website designer. A portfolio can be presented in various forms, such as Online (as a part of your Website), PDF (which can be mailed to clients, either on demand or during cold-calls) or Printed (in the form of a booklet, which can either be couriered to clients or carried to client meetings). Each of these options has their own positive and negative aspects. We discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of an online portfolio in this blog.
An online portfolio is probably the most popular type of portfolio. It involves designing the portfolio page and placing it on your website. If your website offers web design services, then an online portfolio is the perfect choice since it provides information about your projects to online visitors.
- They can be easily sent out as a link.
- They impart a comprehensive look to your website – your website would include details about your company and its contact information, and the portfolio page could give your past project experience and current order book position (if you so desire).
- Designing the portfolio page is a time consuming process.
- Technical knowledge is required for its set-up.
- More expensive, since it requires paying for the domain name and web hosting charges.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.