Archive for November 2011
Make your little one look special with Silk Minnow Baby Wear.
Our latest launch today is ‘Silk Minnow’ a website setup by someone who certainly knows the industry.
Silk Minnow is another one of our Ecommerce Web Design projects for the baby industry, certainly a never ending trade, as long as we keep having kids there will always be a strong market for the baby and toddler industry as brits simply love to spoil they kids.
Launched by our Magento Developer the Silk Minnow website has a superb range of high quality and designer baby wear with ranges from 0 – 3 year olds, my wife has already been browsing hard on this site and I can imagine this launch will soon start costing me money.
Check out the website here: www.silkminnow.com and start treating your little one to some designer wear.
Another day another Launch, Friday we launched the new website for Premier Sports in Northern Ireland.
Premier Sports offer free delivery all over Ireland including southern ireland and nothern ireland.
Check our the Premier Sports website now for some great pre christmas sports bargains.
For all latest magento and web design launches follow our blog RSS feed.
We always love a new face in the 2J Design studio, today we are pleased to welcome Remi our latest addition to the programming team, Remi is extremely experienced in the Magento Developer department, with many years in Object Oriented Programming.
Remi will head one of our new projects which is a custom development of a new Elearning platform as well as assisting the Ecommerce Web Design team in all things Magento.
We look forward to working with Remi and implementing his skills in custom module development and integration.
An out-standing web designer is one who understands that all the elements in a web page should be readable and make sense. He makes appropriate use of web elements such as text, background, links, graphics, etc., in order to impart a smooth and pleasing look to the website and improve the ease of usage. Some of the pitfalls which a successful web designer needs to watch out for and avoid in various ingredients of a web page are:
- Backgrounds: Inappropriate color combinations make the text difficult to read. Hectic and distracting backgrounds put off visitors and lead to loss of potential sales.
- Text: Text size that is too small to read is a sign of bad design. Too large text and the designer may end up taking too much space on the web page, giving an impression of cramming. Text crowding, text widening and excessive use of capital, block or italic letters are other aspects which should be avoided.
- Links: Links to useless or out-dated pages give an impression of carelessness or incompetence on the part of the designer. Similarly, links that are not properly marked can defeat their purpose, since the visitor may not be able to identify and, thereby, access them.
- Graphics: Use of large graphic files should be avoided, since they take a long time to load. Thumbnail images should be just that – they should not be as big as the full-sized images. As far as possible, label all pictures presented on the web page.
For more on Web Design contact www.2jdesign.co.uk
Magento developers can use the Magento Open Source Ecommerce platform to build customized Ecommerce sites adhering to specific requirements of varied categories of clients. The platform allows developers to tweak the code to suit their client’s specifications. This is possible because it is an open source code, which is accessible and allows the necessary alterations and modifications required for customizing solutions.
The standard version of Magento offers customer-order management, automated invoicing, stock management, statistics and reporting, integration with Google analytics, Google sitemaps and an extension library stacked with add-ons. The Magento Community has numerous developers and programmers who can help identify and reporting bugs and who share their experience and advice with each other. This helps in resolving issues that arise during coding and also keeps the software current and error-free.
Magento is built on a powerful PHP platform and Zend framework. These features, coupled with timely elimination of bugs and resolution of issues, makes Magento the platform of choice for development of Ecommerce websites.
For all Web Design and Magento enquires visit www.2jdesign.co.uk
Magento is a feature-rich Ecommerce platform. Its popularity among retailers is increasing due to the predominance of user-friendly features providing the scalability and flexibility for business expansion needs. Magento gives the store owner total control over the content and functionality management of their online store. We focus on 3 of the advantages which can be exploited by a Magento developer, as compared to other E-Commerce platforms.
Magento offers a powerful marketing tools suite which assist in the growth of online sales. It allows creation of a range of promotions to increase conversion rates through flexible pricing rules. Tools such as Up-Sells, Cross-Sells, etc., help boost order values and numbers. Magento’s marketing offerings include private sales promotions like events invitations, category access permissions, free shipping, multi-tier pricing for quantity discounts, catalog promotional pricing by percentage or fixed amount with ability to restrict to stores, categories, and products and many more.
Magento also offers reporting suite integrated with Google analytics, to help check store performance and decide future course of action to address customer requirements. Magento’s analytics and reporting offerings provides a dashboard to view sales reports, tax reports, product review reports, reports on most frequently purchased products or products which have sold the maximum volumes, neglected shopping cart report, sales refund report, etc.
Product browsing and Catalog Browsing is another feature, which helps Magento to score over its opponents. Product browsing offerings include product images with zoom feature, multiple images for one product, viewing products by group, creation of a wish-list, links to related products, option to send the product details to a friend via email, product reviews, etc. Catalog browsing includes category access, category view and purchase permissions, product comparisons, layered navigation, reviews & ratings, grid & list views, product search options, etc.
A Magento developer has a ready made platform from which to improvise and provide a boost to the Ecommerce website design. The customizable solutions and user-friendly features allow a Magento developer to have complete control over the Ecommerce website applications. Because of this, the Magento platform has a high demand for Ecommerce. Some of the features provided by a Magento platform include:
- Analytics and Reporting – this helps to study user preferences, which can be used to carry out subsequent modifications in the website design
- Marketing Promotion Tools – the raison d etre of most E-Commerce websites is marketing and sales promotion
- Product Browsing options – this helps make the site user-friendly. Product browsing options include Catalog Browsing and Catalog Management
- Order Management – for minimizing delivery lead times
- Customer Accounts – maintains a database of regular customers and their preferences in order to service them more efficiently on subsequent visits to the websites
- More efficient Payment and Checkout – reduces time and hassles while making payment, thus promoting repeat visits and sales
- Search Engine Optimization – ensures top billing for the E-Commerce website in search engines
A good Magento developer will ensure that (s)he maximizes the above features provided in the Magento platform.
PRELIMINARY CHECK-LIST BEFORE COMMENCING ON A GRAPHIC DESIGN PROJECT
Graphic design companies must gather all necessary information about their clients and their projects before proceeding on any project. They have to understand and interpret the client’s exact requirements beforehand, to avoid any conflict later. This requires effective communication between client and graphic designers before the commencement of the project. The scope, time and cost of the project have to first be finalized before moving on to other areas, such as the purpose of the website, target audience, message to be delivered, key deliverables from the graphic design, etc.
Graphic design companies should ask the following questions to their clients during the preliminary meetings:
- The target audience: The extent and cost of the graphic design varies, depending on the age, gender, geographical spread and other aspects of the target audience.
- The message: The graphic design is dependent on the message the client wishes to convey – a new product or service launch would require a totally different webpage design, compared to regular sales pitches; similarly, an E-Commerce website would require additional features, which would not be needed in a regular company information website.
- Project specifications: These include the number of pages, dimensions, amount of common content, etc. These have a direct bearing on the time taken and the cost of design.
Once the above parameters are clearly defined and clarifications obtained, the graphic design company can proceed with the actual design work.
IMPORTANCE OF ECOMMERCE WEB DESIGN
Effective Ecommerce web design plays a major role in the success of businesses. In fact, it is the raison d etre for web-based businesses. An appealing Ecommerce web design helps attract and retain more customers to your site. Hence, choosing the appropriate Ecommerce web design services is essential to overall business health. While there are numerous companies offering Ecommerce web design services, given the importance of good design in creating an overall impact on prospective business partners, it is essential to cross-check their prior work experience and portfolio before finalizing them.
A good Ecommerce web design ensures recall value for the website and the resultant word-of-mouth publicity and site referrals can enhance business prospects. This free-of-cost publicity complements the search engine optimization and other features for which you pay the designer. In the absence of a physical showroom/outlet, the website becomes the only interface between the business and the potential customer. The look and feel of the website is the only experience you can offer to the customer.
COMMON GUIDELINES FOR ECOMMERCE WEB DESIGN
The primary purpose of Ecommerce web design is creating websites to promote online purchases. People would visit, stay and transact on a website only if they find the particular Ecommerce Web Design attractive and reliable. To impress visitors, the Ecommerce Web Design should be easy to use and comprehensive enough to address their queries. Some of the guidelines to be followed for effective E-Commerce web design are given below:
- The Ecommerce Web Design should ensure a great online shopping experience for users.
- Every product/service should be accompanied with a brief description and key information. If possible, a link can be given for users who require more detailed information.
- Navigation through the pages of the website should be convenient.
- Give users sufficient reasons for preferring to trust you and buy online from your website.